PUBLIC EDUCATION, HEALTH PROMOTION & ADVOCACY
- Alexandra, Darcy. 2015. “Are We Listening Yet? Participatory Knowledge Production through Media Practice: Encounters of Political Listening.” In Participatory Visual and Digital Research in Action, edited by Aline Gubrium, Krista Harper and Marty Otañez, 57-70. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press, Inc.
- Briant, K. J., A. Halter, N. Marchello, M. Escareno, and B. Thompson. 2016. "The Power of Digital Storytelling as a Culturally Relevant Health Promotion Tool." Health Promotion Practice. doi:1524839916658023 [pii].
- Cueva, Melany, Regina Kuhnley, Anne Lanier, Mark Dignan, Laura Revels, Nancy E. Schoenberg, and Katie Cueva. 2016. "Promoting Culturally Respectful Cancer Education through Digital Storytelling." International Journal of Indigenous Health 11 (1): 34.
- Dreher, Tanja. 2012. A Partial promise of voice: Digital Storytelling and the Limits of Listening. Media International Australia 142 (1): 157-66.
- Gubrium, Aline. 2009. “Digital Storytelling: An Emergent Method for Health Promotion Research and Practice.” Health Promotion Practice 10(2): 186–191.
- Otañez, Marty. 2017. "Digital Storytelling: Using First-Person Videos about Food in Research and Advocacy" In Food Health: Nutrition, Technology, and Public Health, edited by Janet Chrzan and John Brett, 165-180. New York, NY: Berghahn.
- Otañez, Marty and Andres Guerrero. 2015. “Digital Storytelling and the Viral Hepatitis Project” In Participatory Visual and Digital Research in Action, edited by Aline Gubrium, Krista Harper and Marty Otañez, 57-70. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press, Inc.
- Poletti, Anna. 2011. "Coaxing an Intimate Public: Life Narrative in Digital Storytelling." Continuum 25 (1): 73-83.
Worcester, Lara. 2012. "Reframing Digital Storytelling as Co-Creative." IDS Bulletin 43 (5): 91-97.